March in our boisterous procession from Greene Street to Kennedy Plaza. Play music on an instrument, be a walking DJ, dance alone or in a group, hula hoop, make a float, or drive your fabulous car; the opportunities to participate in the PVDFest parade are nearly limitless!
PVDFest 2018 Parade rules and regulations
Floats and Vehicles
- Submission of theme must come with a drawing or picture of float/vehicle.
- No loudspeakers, PA systems, bullhorns etc.
- No solicitation of funds or donations.
- No distribution of goods, including but not limited to candies and pamphlets.
- Themes may not be sexual, political, or religious.
- Floats may not be taller than 13’ and 6” from the ground.
- Signage and sponsorships may only be displayed on the back of the float, and may measure no larger than 3’x5’.
- Drivers must be licensed to drive.
- Vehicles must be driven at or below 5 mph.
- Drivers must be able to maneuver around tight corners and navigate two-lane traffic without disrupting the flow of the parade.
- Floats may not stop suddenly or otherwise disrupt flow of parade without prior approval.
- Children 10 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Groups of walkers accompanying vehicles must be limited to 25 persons.
- Any and all debris left behind must be dealt with by the groups themselves.
PVDFest 2018 Parade Route
Submission deadline: May 25, 2018