PVDFEST SCAVENGER HUNT
Need some fresh air? Want to win cool prizes? In celebration of PVDFest season, the PVDFest team invites you to participate in a virtual scavenger hunt. While we couldn’t safely parade down Washington street with our closest friends this year, we can still soak up public art, enjoy Providence’s world-class culinary scene, and support local businesses in the spirit of PVDFest—Providence’s signature summer arts festival.
As part of the hunt, participants will visit locations on the PVDFest footprint, snap an image or video that clearly shows them at the location and share it on social media using hashtag #PVDFestHunt and tagging @pvdfest (Twitter/Facebook) @pvd.fest (Instagram).
Grab your selfie stick, fliest festival wear (and comfiest shoes) and experience all things PVDFest!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Please obey all social distancing guidelines set forth by the City of Providence (wear a mask, no groups larger than 15 people).
- The Hunt ends on September 1. You’re encouraged to visit the locations any time—temporary public art is on display until fall—but to be eligible for prizes, you need to participate between August 3 – September 1.
- One entry per Instagram/Facebook/Twitter account.
- City of Providence employees, content partners, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes but are welcome to participate in the scavenger hunt.
- Once you take all your photos/videos, post them online and tag us, you are automatically entered into a raffle to win the prizes.
- The participant with the most points wins the Gold Prize, followed by Silver and Bronze (ties will be broken by date of completion).
- Keep it classy, please only post images that grandma would approve of.
- Winners will be announced on September 8.
- Have fun and stay safe!
The Silver Prize
$150 visa gift card, 4 tickets to the Roger Williams Park Zoo, and a PVDFest swag bag!
The Bronze Prize
$100 visa gift card, 4 tickets to the Roger Williams Park Zoo, and a PVDFest swag bag!
- Take a photo of each of the PVDFest public art installations (City Hall apron, Empire Plaza, Civic Center Garage)
- Take a video doing a figure skating spin at the BankNewport City Center sign
- Take a selfie on the exterior steps of City Hall
- Take a selfie with the Friskie Fries cat
- Channel your inner alien at the BIG NAZO’s Space Transformation Station window and snap a selfie making your weirdest face
- Take a selfie while striking a musical pose in front of the Strand Ballroom & Theatre
- Take a photo giving a thumbs up in front of the Graduate Providence in celebration of the Class of 2020
- Take a picture of your receipt at any downtown merchant (must be dated 8/3 – 9/1)
- Take a photo of your favorite Downtown mural
- Take a moment to reflect on those who serve our country and snap a photo of the 1871 Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Monument
- Make a wish at the Bajnotti fountain (no coin tossing please)
- Do a dunk at the Dunk! Take a video of yourself doing a dunk motion at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center
- Catch the church bells ringing at Grace Episcopal in a video
- Visit the first stop on the Go Providence Downtown Historic Walking Tour and a snap dramatic photo for proof! (For more info, visit https://www.goprovidence.com/things-to-do/providence-walking-tours/downtown-walking-tour/)
- Take a video of yourself strutting by your favorite Downtown fashion retailer
- Double points if you buy something (must snap photo of the receipt)
*The Hotel Providence stay is based on availability, not valid on WaterFire weekends, and expires 8/15/21.
**FirstWorks is committed to lifting Rhode Islanders through the Arts. During this time when we cannot gather in large groups in crowded spaces, FirstWorks is offering customized performing arts experiences based on your interests–from attending a recording session of a virtual performance, to attending a small, socially distanced gathering, to a virtual chat with an artistic icon–FirstWorks will create a memorable experience for you.
© 2015-2021 - PVDFest
Providence, RI USA